We've Been Married For..

Thursday, November 12, 2009

November Days 8-12

November 8th: Smiling Faces :)
Sundays I get to lead the Congregation, hoping I will not mess up. It is scary to get up in front of your whole ward to lead. I now appreciate Smiling Faces. Not saying I never did, but when I get up there and lead its nice to see the smiling faces. Makes me relax a little more. Makes me feel I am doing my job. Also its nice when you are having a stressful day and you see a stranger smile at you. Makes you remember to smile and to move on. Thank you to those who are smiling.

November 9th: Journal
I've been really bad at writing in my journal. This past week I've written in it every day, and I am glad I can look back and see the things that did change my life, and what happened to me. Before this week the last entry I had was June 8th and it talks about a scripture study. I can't believe I haven't been recording all the things that have been happening to me and my feelings. I plan to be so much better at writing in my journal. I guess I do use my blogging as a part of my journal.

November 10th: The Atonement
A few months ago before I left my BYU ward I gave a talk about The Atonement. I've always appreciated The Atonement. What a wonderful way to get back to our Savior. This past week a friend and I had an argument. I was just upset you never said sorry to me for accusing me of something I am not. He said he believed me, but I didn't believe him that he thought that. If he did I knew he would of apologized. I just told him how I felt and then he said "lets not be friends" serious. I was in shock. And I said some mean things..okay not that mean but enough that made me feel so bad. I did apologize and I am just so grateful that I have the atonement to clean my sins. Another story (I know I know you are probably dying of these stories) I was at a friends party, and my friend and I decided to invite them all to a movie with us, thinking we were so nice. Well we did this and immediately our guys friends that were suppose to go with us didn't want to anymore. My friend and I walked out the door and sure enough I got a text telling me I was a horrible friend. I did feel bad and didn't want to believe it, and plus that is rude to tell someone. ha ha. I was mad. and I didn't believe him. He knew I was mad and said sorry first and I didn't apologize for my part til he was a few months out on his mission where I realized, I was being a bad friend by trying to take away from another friends party. I am just really grateful for the Atonement.

November 11th: Veterans
Wow, aren't we lucky we have people who want to serve this country? I know I am sure grateful. I have several relatives including my grandfather who has served this country. And I just want to thank them all for serving this country. For fighting for our freedom. Thank you thank you! Way to stand up for the Red, White and Blue!

November 12th: Grandparents
I am so so grateful for my grandparents. I have the best grandparents ever. Two days ago my grandfather came home from the hospital and so last night my dad, Whit and I went to go visit him. What a wonderful example him and my grandma are. We went up there to thank him for the service he has given this country. Him close to losing his life these past 2 weeks giving the family a scare, was very nice to see him home and looking tons better. As he held my hand and I told him I loved him he held my hand harder, and looked into my eyes giving me gratitude for those words, and how much he needed them and told me he loved me. Me trying to fight back the tears which I did conquer. It was such a tender moment for me. I love him. As we were driving home I was thinking to myself how I hope my grandfather will make it to my wedding. I know me being selfish. ha ha. Then I thought about the time when I had a discussion with my grandmother when I was 6 about my future wedding. Asking if she was going to be alive for my wedding day. She told me she would attend my wedding. As I was thinking yesterday and how she won't be able to make it, I was sad to think about that conversation and how she won't be there. As I continued to think it hit me. Katheryn, your grandma will be there maybe not in body but in spirit. That feeling was such an amazing feeling. I love my grandparents they are so amazing! I am grateful for their amazing examples. My grandma Baird is the best example ever. She is just always so happy and takes her harmonica..every where. Always plays "You are my Sunshine" and I believe her favorite hymn is "there is sunshine in my soul today" which it has become my favorite hymn reminding me of my grandmother and how I want to be her. I love, love my grandparents! They are the best grandparents in the whole universe.

1 comment:

LyndiLou said...

I don't really have grandparents left... and it makes me sad. I'm glad to know that they are still happy and involved in what we do! :)

I love your thankful lists! Thanks for sharing all of these!