We've Been Married For..

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

How do you celebrate Memorial Day?
There are so many ways to celebrate and remember.
My extended family, Baird side. We get together and each family has a color.
For example my family wears orange.
Luckily this year it is the IN color. Sadly... Micah and I had to go run to a store before the party to buy orange shirts.
My aunt (auntie is what I call her) picks a cemetery where family is and we learn the history.
Who doesn't love learning facts about your ancestors?
While we were learning all these facts I got a HORRIBLE burn.
But being with family was priceless. ;)
Micah and I really enjoyed ourselves, and even on Micah's Birthday.
We had a BBQ lunch and sang songs of our family (my Auntie is just that cool) and recognize all the good our family including cousin's children's accomplishments.
After all the fun and the closing prayer my Uncle game another Uncle who has cancer, a very sweet tender blessing. It was awesome everyone got to participate.

Grandpa, Uncle Lonnie & Cousin Matt

My niece Josie had me take this picture of her, this is not a
relative but she thought it was a cool set-up. I totally
agreed it was so awesome. I wish I got to know this couple.

That is what I ate at the Baird Party. YUMMY

Great Grandchildren with grandma & grandpa

No comments: