We've Been Married For..

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving, its the season of giving. The week of Thanksgiving my dads birthday hits sometimes on Thanksgiving sometimes not. So we get to celebrate that along with Thanksgiving all in one week. This year we had a little party the day of his birthday and the day after. We had a lot of fun. Part of his celebration my dad, mom, Cam, Sierra, Tanya and I went to Blind Side the movie. It was a wonderful inspirational story. A way to start off our thanksgiving.

My mother is in charge of Thanksgiving for the Baird family. The night before we got ready, surprisingly it wasn't as stressful as all the years we do it. When the family was all there, we ate and shared what we were grateful for and we can't forget the tradition BINGO! This is what most of the people are excited for when they come to Thanksgiving. They want to know what prize they will win. Everyone usually wins a gift not just one but up to 3. I think that is the limit we set. After some clean up some go play, it is all wonderful. I love the feeling.

The Saturday after Thanksgiving my family go shopping for a girl and a boy who need our help for Christmas. Its different every year. We all start with breakfast, yummy delicious waffles with the best syrup ever!! Then we get into teams...this year I had an awesome team and I won't lie we had the easiest list. My team was Whitney, Cameron, Mckay and I and we were after a sledding tube. Took about 2 min. no joke. We then helped other teams. What an awesome time. And then you know, we had to watch it. You know the blue and red fighting against each other. That's right the BYU vs. Utah game. and yes the team I was cheering for were the champions. I knew they would win. I was a little nervous in the end. But all was good.

There is what happened to me on this Thanksgiving Break. I am counting down the days when we will have Christmas break. Everything is a little serious in my house. Finals are pretty much here.

1 comment:

Val said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun! Good for you! What great traditions to have with your family :)