We've Been Married For..

Friday, December 11, 2009

M.A.J.K.M.S

My favorite nieces and nephews right here. I was thinking...and I decided I wanted to share with you all the reasons why I love them. They are all different and mean so much to me. They do a lot to help me and make me feel better about myself. Few weeks ago I got to share a talk with my ward members. I got to share what I was thankful for. Of course these kids, they treat me like I am important in the world. When I have tough times I like to chill with these kids they help me forget it, even if it is playing; Wii, Barbies(yes I get that wonderful opportunity), cars, coloring, duck duck goose, ring around the rosies, ect. They are not only my nieces and nephews they are my best friends! Now I will share some lovely stories about them...hope their mothers don't mind. :)
He is the oldest of the bunch. Number one grandson and grandchild. He was born when I was 10 years old. Now he is 10 and I am 20. He is half my age, and I have been blessed with him in my life. He always laughs at my jokes, even when they are not funny. I think that happens a lot but he is nice. One of my favorite memories is probably when it was my grandmothers funeral and he sat by me. I was crying and sick, and he just leaned over time to time to tell me I was okay. And would rub my back. He is wonderful. Which reminds me of another time I love. He would get the pillows and put them in a line. Then he would tell Whit or I to lay on the pillows and he would give us a back scratch. He is the thoughtful type. And I love him so much. He respects everyone, girls love him. He always plays games with me and I never feel like a loser aunt when I am around him(or any others). I don't know where I would be without a McKay in my life.
Then there is a little girl named Abby, I remember the day she was born. I was at a middle school orientation. One thing I love about this girl she loves the gospel. When she talks about the plan of salvation she is the one that gets excited, she reminds me of Cydne. She has such a sweet and caring. For example, at Thanksgiving we play Bingo and you win prizes. Her little brother wasn't playing with us and when she won a third time she got a prize for him. What a thoughtful one she is. She is a creative story teller, she always puts a smile on my face. She loves her birds. These few next weeks I am babysitting them and she gave me instructions. I just want to share the list she gave me.
"Thing you will need to do
1. Have to have clean food and water.
2. Always have to have food and water
3. put blanket over the cage at night at winter time.
4. Don't take them out.
5. whistle to them if you can"
She is so cute, and she loves to write you little notes and draw you pictures. I always feel so special. She really takes her time on them to make them perfect. She is such a sweetheart. Where would I be without my Abby?

Little miss Josie, I was in 9th grade when she was born. She is a little comedian. I love to just be in the room with her. She just knows how to make you laugh, and she always says the most funny things. She loves to only wear dresses and loves her Fancy Nancy books. I love when she opens her presents she just gets so excited ( I think all little kids do.) She loves to do her own thing, she can entertain herself for hours. Last time I got to babysit, she was the happiest out of the group and loved everything I did. I love when little kids are like that. Makes babysitting a lot easier. She cares about her big sister Abby and wants to be like her. Abby was not happy that her older brother was cheating in Hide n' Seek that she was in her room. Josie went up to her and tried to make her happy. I then entered the room and tried to make her happy. Josie looked at me and said, "Abby sometimes just needs some space to herself and she will be happy soon." Sure enough we did just that and Abby was happy in just a few moments. She is a good observer. When ever I enter a room she always gives me a hug. I've never had a time where she hasn't. What would I do without a this Josie in my life?


Oh boy, isn't he just a cutie? I remember when I got news I had a new baby nephew. I was a senior in high school and in my film history class and got a text, it was the class before lunch and I was so excited to get more info. Little did I know what that little baby would be when he was 3. At first I didn't think he would like me at all. He was more into guys, they were cool. Well he gave in and decided to like me. I love how he says my name and he is my little buddy. He comes and plays at grandmas house time to time and he loves it. Well we all know its cause I am there. ha ha jk. He thinks we are all pretty awesome. He loves his Thomas and loves to be part of the boys. He just is so cute and photogenic(i think all little kids are). My favorite line from him, "so cool, huh?" and he will tell me when something is cute. What would I do with out Kimball?

I remember the day she was born, there was even a celebration from America. She was born on the 4th of July. She is a smartie. She is 3 and in preschool. She knows her colors her shapes...she might be even smarter than me. Just kidding, I think I've still got a few years on her. She loves when I play barbies with her or when we watch Strawberry Shortcake in my room on my bed. She loves when she gets to sleep over and we get to share a bed. She always makes me so happy when I see her. She is scared of my huge stuffed batman and keeps telling me, "next time I come over I won't be scared of it." But she always is. She still loves me when I prank her with batman. I know I can be a punk. But she loves me no matter what. Not that I have done anything super bad. She always gives me a hug and kiss. She is a wonderful singer and loves to sing. What would I do without Molly?

Stella oh Stella, she was born on the day I got to see David Archuleta and 9 other members from American Idol performed. She is now 1 and loves to get into my stuff. Its really funny. On Sunday I caught her in my scripture bag about to put a piece of gum in her mouth. Good thing I walked in then. She is funny, she loves being independent. She likes to give me kisses too. She lets me still hold her. I can't wait til she starts talking and I can get more of her personality!
I love all of these kids. I could say so much more stuff about them all, but that would be a very very long post. They are wonderful because of their amazing mothers and fathers. They are all wonderful! I am grateful for all these kids. They really run to the door when I enter or when I go to their house they are all so excited to see me. They love me, yay me. ha ha. I can't wait to see what other kinds of kids enter into this family. I know sometime in the future there will be too many to share why they are so wonderful so I thought I would do this now, so later I can share with them what I thought of them several years ago...we will see.

3 comments:

Val said...

So cute Kat! They are all such amazing kids! You are one lucky aunt! I can't wait until I have nieces and nephews....but that won't be for awhile haha :)

Mr.Mrs.Pack. said...

Kat you have SUCH ADORABLE nieces and nephews! Seriously, you guys just have such a good-looking family! I remember you and me and Val playing with McKay and Abby! That's when they were tiny! I can't believe they're all growing up!

A. L. Martin said...

Kat! This is Precious! ;) You are an Awesome Aunt!