We've Been Married For..

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Breakfast/Angel


The Saturday after Thanksgiving my whole Scott Baird Family gather to eat breakfast and shop for 2 kids who will not receive Christmas. One of my favorite Traditions! We start at 9 and have the most delicious breakfast (not close to Christmas morning breakfast, that's even 10 times better) and split into teams, which McKenzie usually splits us. We get into our teams and we get our job for one of the kids. The reasons why we do this tradition is 1. Giving someone a Christmas is the best feeling. 2. We do this instead of giving gifts to each other. Well this year we had enough to do 6 teams. Our team of course won. Just kidding. This is not a race. Although we did finish fast and got the cutest things for the little 18 month child. I just love having us all together and serving these little children. I got the opportunity to take them to the mall to give to the lady who will give the children what we got. My mom and I just saw all these names still on the tree and hoped that they will get picked off the tree and get served. I am so lucky that I will have a Christmas. There are people out there who won't, I am just so lucky! Team #1 Mom & Abby Team #2 McKay, Tanya & Sierra Team #3 Whitney, Cameron & Me Team #4 Kimball, Craig & Kris Team #5 Josie, McKenzie & Molly Team #6 Dad, Lindsay & Stella

1 comment:

LyndiLou said...

What a great idea Katheryn!!! I love this! You guys are great and I love that you split up into teams to have some fun that way too!!! :) Way to be awesome!