We've Been Married For..

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Prayer

Lately a lot of my prayers have been answered. I want to share just one example with you although I've had a lot happen this past week. I am going to tell you a story about my friend Jose. I met him when I was a freshman in High School in 2004. He was one of my closest friends and he of course had a crush on me. Who didn't? (ha ha just kidding). He was really cool. One thing that bugged me, he didn't understand the church and would make fun of me. Since I met him I've been praying for this boy to find the true Gospel. Well its been 5 years and he just was baptised.

I know sometimes we pray and our prayers aren't answered right away. For me that was hard. I didn't understand why my prayers weren't getting answered. But I will tell you, Heavenly Father will answer that prayer..but when you are ready for that prayer to be answered. I believe in prayer, Thank you to my Heavenly Father who has answered them for me. Even if it took 5 years. I know that Jose wouldn't of been ready 5 years ago like he is ready now. Now I pray his family will follow.

3 comments:

Rosander said...

Prayer is amazing! I truly have felt that same way lately Kat! It's amazing, the love our Heavenly Father has for us. He hears us and knows us personally and will always care about what it is that we are worried about, or what ever we want to share. I love this gospel. I know more than ever that prayer is real and that they are truly answered. I'm glad that your prayers have been answered. What a cool story and testimony.

LyndiLou said...

Wow Kat... thanks for sharing that! You are great! What a great friend you are! I'm happy for both of you... how exciting!

Anonymous said...

KAtheryn!! I love your blog!! Lol ill have to add everyone I know that has blogs its so fun!!
I love this blog though very true. A prayer is always the key to getting the answers you need wether its to thank god or For protection :D..
take care
Stefanie