We've Been Married For..

Monday, May 23, 2011

Calamity Jane



Yesterday I made Micah watch Calamity Jane with me. It is one of my all time favorite movies. 
It is about a woman who is more into what the men do. She dresses up like them, exaggerates on stories but is a total female. They say several times that she dresses like a man but she thinks like a female. There are several songs in this movie that I love. I told Micah I wouldn't mind the cd for my birthday or even a Doris Day Cd. 
Well after watching the movie last night it was fun to hear Micah break out singing the songs from the movie.
You have to understand I grew up on this movie. My family and I can quote this movie line by line. One of our favorite lines that just makes us laugh is, "to get danny"
I hope that when I have kids they will love this movie just as much as my sisters did when my mother introduced us to it.

"Woman's touch"
I love this song. It is a song of how woman make things nice, and Doris (calamity's) new look comes about. Sometimes I wish my woman touch was a little more nice than the one I have now. Still working on the make everything look nice. 
I know one day I'll get it down. 
And I hope its like my mothers. My mother has a very nice woman touch. One I wouldn't mind inheriting.

No comments: