We've Been Married For..

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wiederhold

So I have inherited a new last name by marriage.
I never thought it was a hard one to pronounce.
We were going to a BYU ward and decided to switch to the family ward that we live in. 
Which is PV 5th ward, the ward I was born in a few houses from where I am living now. 
Today was our first real official day being in the ward.
They introduced us and the bishopric said our last name right, being that my in-laws are in the stake.
They even told the ward that we are related to the Wiederholds in the first ward and that I, Katheryn, was the Baird's daughter. Through the whole 3 hours I got "are you Bonnie and Scotts daughter?" "you were so little when you left this ward?" "How is your family?" "Your parents and sister okay in Japan?" "You probably don't remember us but you use to be in the ward? but we must all look familiar to you?" 
I was born in the 5th ward and left when I was age 2. No one looks familiar. If they look familiar it is because I lived in the 6th ward below them, and grew up with their children or they were my siblings friend.
But as we were introduced in sunday school and relief society and even when people would ask me in the hall what my last name was and try to say it, I never thought it was hard to say Wiederhold until today. All the different ways people say it is crazy. I guess this is something I'll have to get use to. 
But yes all day I was referred to Paul and Terie Wiederhold, Bonnie and Scott Baird and my grandparents Fred and Sarah Baird.

No comments: