We've Been Married For..

Monday, August 2, 2010

Spending Time with the Tuellers

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES!!
The Tuellers are a cute couple that live in my home ward in Utah. Ayae Tueller is from Japan and her and her husband David are here to visit her family and they had a reception (that we also attended). They are so nice to us and take us to fun places. Saturday July 31st they took Whitney and I to Kyoto. Its out of the mission zone so my parents couldn't go. What a pitty they missed out. We left at 5:20 am to make trains and to meet their friend by the first place we were going. Enjoy pics... :)
Whitney and I by the flowers called Lotus. Beautiful!

Whitney, Ayae and I all posing by the gardens.

Whitney thought of this picture shot with the Bamboo Trees

A Gold Shrine (don't know how to spell that)
I forgot their friends name, David, Ayae, me and Whitney


We found him at our 3rd visit. I really liked how my picture turned out. ha

We had so much fun in Kyoto. The food was very different, pretty much all tofu. I guess that is what they are famous for. They even have Tofu ice cream. We left around 9pm I believe. I thought I would have calves of steel after this day. We walked A LOT!
...
Monday! We invited the Tuellers and Ayae's parents to join us for dinner. Her parents are not members of the Lds church. What a great opportunity we had to have them over. But they surprised us with gifts. 2 being for Whitney and I and these cute kimono (summer set). After our delicious dinner done by my mother, Ayae and her mother dressed Whitney and I up. We had so much fun. They are so very nice to us. They were so particular how they go on. We plan to wear them again Saturday night for the festival in our town. (funny I call it our town, I don't live here just visiting. But I feel I am apart of it and always will be)


And so it begins


Getting to our bows. I have to say they were BEAUTIFUL


Ayae's mother helped me with mine. And she was so cute. Even if I couldn't understand one word she was saying to me. I wish I knew my Japanese!

David, Whitney, Ayae, Ayae's mom, Me, and Ayae's dad.
They are wonderful

The final touches, the hair piece and bag. They are so nice to give us all this.
Can't wait to wear it all again.

Whitney and I and our final outcome.

With the parents.


Hair piece and bow

Doesn't that bow look pro?
Thank you to Ayae and her Family!!
*Until next time*

1 comment:

gigi said...

Beautiful kimonos! I'm more and more jealous every single time I read one of your posts.