We've Been Married For..

Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Party in the U.S.A"

You all probably know the song "Party in the U.S.A" by Miley Cyrus. You know the ones with the lyrics that read "This is all so crazy, Everybody seems so famous. My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' kind of homesick. Too much pressure and I'm getting nervous.That's when the Taxi Man turned on the radio. and the Jay-z song came on, the Jay-z song came one, and the Jay-Z song came on. So I put my hands up, They're playing my song. The butterflies fly away. I'm noddin' my head like yeah! Movin' my hips like yeah!"
...
I think this is my theme song at the moment. I took a 3 hour train ride, about a 12 hour plane ride and a drive to a house that doesn't feel like home... yet. I know I will get there.
...
Now lets talk about why this song applies to me, now when I put it that way I sound selfish. Excuse me I am not trying to be selfish. I just want to write what I am feeling. Change has surrounded me. My parents are gone, Utah has changed so much just the 2 months I was gone, or maybe the change is just everything I am apart of. I feel I am not certain what is happening in my life. I guess it was because in Japan I kind of got to escape my life for 2 months to see what a mission life was. I shouldn't of assumed everything would be and feel the same when I got home. Today while I was at work (my first day back since I've been home) my brother called me to tell me horrible news. My computer might be dead FOREVER! Okay, my computer has been an awesome computer. At least I thought until it crashed on me the day I got back from Japan, and I've only had it a year. Don't know where all my warranty papers are. Why you ask? They are with everything else in my parents basement. If you've seen the basement you would understand I have a little to nothing luck finding it. On my way home I just felt so overwhelmed. I can't tell if its because I have incredibly bad jet lag and only have had 13 hours of sleep the past 4 days, including an hour nap I took. Change is so overwhelming to me, especially when its every aspect in life. As I was driving home all I could think of was the negative things of change. I made a little pit stop at my parents house, as I drove away from my parents house (went to the basement to get something from Cydne) I saw the kids that lived upstairs with a few of our neighbors, trying to open the garage with the code. Its weird to see that, that is my parents house with different people I don't know living in it. I then started my negative list as I drove away, strong voice came to me and said, "Stop what you are doing?" I sat there thinking what am I doing. I then noticed I was pointing out all the bad of the change and bad things in my life. I then changed my thoughts to the positive and instantly I felt a little better. I'm not feeling a hundred percent better like some do after doing that. But I know that by the Savior and the Holy Ghost they were able for me to feel better and not like Nemo in Finding Nemo who is lost. I hope that I remember to point out the positive in my life besides the negative.
I'll finish my postings on Japan another day, that is if my computer makes it and isn't dead. I have a bunch of fun photos I haven't published to the eye yet. Getting close to Monkeys and going to the Ninja Village. Also thought I'd mention, if you hear me say something you can't pronounce that is my Japanese. I still use it! Now lets see If I can get more sleep!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Welcome back! You have had a lot of change and change is hard... but helps us grow. I enjoy reading your blog. Good luck with all that is ahead! You are in my prayers.

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

That was sweet. It helps me remember why I am here. So others can feel that same sweet, calm sense of comfort and peace.
I can tell you are growing already.
Love you
Momma