We've Been Married For..

Friday, August 6, 2010

Bees..

The Nagoya Japan Mission had transfers this past week! And wow, its been pretty intense. A dinner every night. Breakfast every morning.
Tuesday night as we were coming home with 2 of the elders we got talking about majors. When I shared that I have a desire to teach Kindergarten kids, one of the Elders told me that his parents were both teachers in an elementary school. His mom teaches 1st grade and his dad teaches 5th grade. He laughed when he started talking about 1st grade and how all the kids believe anything the teacher tells them. Well I gave an example, and thought you'd all enjoy my hilarious moment when I was 6.
My first grade teacher was teaching us about allergies by using a story, it was about a man who was allergic to bees and on the 5th bee sting he DIED! Oh my goodness. I thought for sure that I was allergic to bees. And the 5th sting I would die. I was so scared of them. Well Let me tell you my bee stings came fast. All right next to each other. I even got 2 on the same day. When the 5th came I just knew I was going to die. I remember telling one of my siblings this. And them just laughing at me. Telling me that I was okay. I wasn't allergic to bees. Phew, Relief!
Okay back to transfer weeks! Its been eventful. I appreciate the mission so much more. Just even learning more about mission life these past few weeks.
Dinner. Don't the new missionaries look SO tired? Poor boys.

Another funny story. This picture is people in the Sharon East Stake that visited Japan or serving in Japan. The Oldroyds (couple front) they are the mission office couple, They are a funny couple and from the 1st ward. Sister Ige (front sister), also known as Deina Ige who was my visiting teaching companion in the 7th ward before her mission. Now is back home. We love her! And will miss her that is til we see her in 2 weeks. The Heatons (group of guys in the back) President Heaton served in our stake presidency, I also went to high school with Elder Heaton who is headed home after his fun time with his family, they are from the 9th ward. Then there is my family! We're from the 6th ward and my parents are the mission presidents! We took this picture the morning of the good-bye breakfast, we like to call it a stake picture.

It was fun to see what my parents will be doing on transfers. And I feel like I know how the mission works. I will miss Japan when I come home. Only 2 weeks left.


No comments: