We've Been Married For..

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day Ni (2)

What a day, my family and I all still have jet lag. Yes I learned how to spell it thanks to spell check. Yesterday we kind of got stuff together. Getting ready for all the crates to come soon to be unpacked. The mission home is so nice. Japan is so nice. On day 2 (which was yesterday) the office Elders took us shopping. Due to the fact my mother is still terrified to drive on the road. I don't blame her going the opposite way, driving the opposite way and the lights are completely different here. So as we went shopping (poor elders) it was a different experience than at an American shopping center. One store has several stories and different stores right next to each other. One elder had to tell my mom that she needed to come out of the book section because the people would think she was stealing cause it was a different store. The second store we hit we thought we could probably get a lot of American food there. Boy were we wrong. My mom saw these foods, couldn't read the titles and asked if they were Mexican foods. (that's what she was looking for) They laughed said no. Most of the store was full of fish. We saw living fish swimming waiting there for someone to buy them, kill them, cook them, and then eat them. And a lot of dead fish too. I wish I took more pictures at the store just so you could feel what I was feeling. Later that night as we were all falling asleep at 6 pm. My dad had told us we were to meet some of the relief society. We went and saw some cool culture. I can't really explain it. But they were making Pickled Plums. And making the plums turn a color red. My dad then made us walk around the neighborhood to try to keep us up so we would sleep at night. That really didn't work. We were tired of walking, went home got ready for bed and hopped in bed. That was a little before 9. I then woke up at 4 this morning. Boo. Can't wait for jet lag to ware off. Here are some pics.

Whitney having so much fun at the store.

The Octopus...... I tried that.

Mommer caught sleeping....

The relief society, aren't they so cute?

My millions of mosquito bites.. :(

2 comments:

gigi said...

Ah man, this makes me want to go to Japan so badly! I'm so jealous--live it up for me!

Rosander said...

What a cool place to be... food? ummm not so sure but I can't wait to see you!