We've Been Married For..

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reality Check!

This past week we started doing some serious moving. Tuesday we moved my bed, dresser and nightstand. My things are all over the floor. This must mean my parents are really going to Japan. It never really hit me that they would be gone for 3 years. I knew they would be but I have been more excited to go with my parents for 2 months and I don't think I really knew what 3 years would mean. Well as we packed up in my room I realized something, I won't have a home. I will have sisters who have homes and would let me be part of it. But I will miss THIS home I have lived here pretty much my whole life. And I might not return to this house. This last week we went to Lake Powell. My mom arrived later and shared an email with us from the family who will be renting our house for 3 years. The email had information about her and her family including pictures. Then it hit me time is almost up. My sister started crying, and its like if one starts crying the others join in. Especially when its included this call to my parents. When we returned home from Lake Powell and I tempted to do something with my room, I didn't know what to do. I cried when talking to my sister McKenzie. Then later I thought I had overcome the tears and went into my room to just cry again with this time my sister Cydne coming in. Today my mom asked my sister why she didn't come to Sunday school. She replied to my mother that she was in tears. As time gets closer the more emotional we all get. I think we are all ready for this part to happen. Because its just making us all more teary. Today I got released from my 2 callings...CRAZY!
......
This isn't a post to make everyone feel bad for me. This is for me and realizing what is coming up and things are changing, but changing for the better. I am really excited for my parents. The missionaries working with my parents will love them. My family sure does. I can't wait to hear what adventures they have, and I'm glad that I can start the adventure with them. This Wednesday they get set apart. Sunday(my birthday) they will be addressing the ward. The 23rd they go into the MTC, I'll see them at nights. Monday the 28th my parents, including Whitney and I are headed off to Japan. I really am so lucky to have the parents I have, and I am willing to share them for 3 years. Especially when I have a family like mine.

1 comment:

A. L. Martin said...

Kat! I am so glad you are so close with your Family- but it does make it hard to try new adventures when you have to split. I know you'll have fun, make the most of it and take lots of fun pictures! :) I love you!