We've Been Married For..

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines..

Since my post about how I am not a huge fan of Valentines Day, I believe someone has been trying to send me a message. I am still not a fan of Valentines Day but I am a fan of Love. I've had great opportunities: one was helping out at a special dinner for the widows in my stake. The week before this event would happen the paper to sign up was headed out. That was the same Sunday as a guy stood up to bear his testimony about how he loves to serve others and not himself, so when that paper came around I felt I should probably be better so I can tell people how wonderful I am. When the day actually came to the dinner I was hoping they would call and cancel it so I wouldn't have to go. Not a very good thought I know, I should love to go out and serve others. I was just in a bad mood waking up to a cold sore, they make me so angry. Just hoping I would get out of something. Well that phone call never came, so I got dressed up to go serve the ladies in my ward. I was not excited at first and especially when they all started to give the directions of how we serve, which made me even more nervous. The night went on and I had a bunch of wonderful old ladies in my home ward. They were all so friendly and showed me that Valentines isn't about the mushy stuff its about being with the ones you love. The weekend of Valentines I did get to celebrate with the ones I loved. Just by watching The Olympics, watching a movie, or getting a drink. My mom was so nice to give me a Valentine some awesome converse shoes I have wanted for awhile and a cute pink journal. My sister also gave us a cute valentine a CD full of love songs and a cute card for the family. Even if I am not a fan of the mushy stuff I am a fan of Love. I love my family and my friends!

6 comments:

gigi said...

Oo, I love the gray sneakers! Also, I agree with you about the mushy stuff. I think it's great that we have a day to celebrate love, but some people go about it in the stupidest way.

Ashley said...

Sounds like your day turned out great. I love Valentines, especially for that fact that it reminds us to love others, whomever that may be!

It was fun to see you last night. You are so cute!

Natalie said...

I'm a fan of love too! Did you make the cupcakes? They look so scrumptious! It was great to see and visit with you last night.

LyndiLou said...

Yay!!! I'm glad that you ended up having a nice Valentine's Day! :) It's nice to serve and feel all good about it later!

McKenzie said...

we love YOU katy bat! {but you have to read that again and say it mushy gushy. ;D

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

Katheryn you are so cool. I love the shoes. If there is anyone that loves her family it's you. Thanks for loving to play with all your nieces and nephews all the time. They love you. And so do I.
I know that you are not a 'Murderer of Love' (quote from my favorite show, Dan in Real Life, saw it a gazillion times and still laugh out of control!) but you are a 'Lover or Love'!
Love you---Mommer