We've Been Married For..

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lake Powell


I had another great opportunity to go to Lake Powell, thanks to my sister and her husband. We got to go on boat rides, a hike and do graffiti on shirts. How fun is that? I am so lucky! Well on the way back from our hike, I believe the Housboat was 2 hour ride home. Well 20 min. into the ride the boat....stopped. This was not good! We tried to call over the radio and no one responded. By our faith in our prayers the boat started that we drove to the closest marina. Where all the girls on the ride got to go in the rescue boat and my dad and Kris had to drive the boat back to the dock and take it to the closest repair place. I think the Bairds have a curse on the Rosander boat. This is the second time this has happened while we were on the boat. My sister surprised us that night with shirts and markers to decorate shirts with. I had so much fun sitting there drawing on my shirt and talking with my sisters. What good memories I have. On our drive home we stopped at a McDonalds where an old man called me by my name. Not going to lie I was a bit scared. This man knew my name, I didn't know how. And then he reminded me it was on the back of my shirt. I think he saw that I was a little creeped out he knew my name. Can you blame me? And then he complemented my shirt. I was just glad to get away from the man. He was a little bit strange. On this trip I had started the book My Sisters Keeper, What a good book. I finished it on my way home, of course I was bailing like a little girl whos feelings had just been hurt.

3 comments:

A. L. Martin said...

haha. Poor Creepy old man. I'm glad you had fun, but i missed you!!!!

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

I love that picture! We had a great time didn't we!
Love you honey.
Happy Happy Birthday.
Mom

Rosander said...

We're glad that you came! We love you and are glad that you came! Love you!