We've Been Married For..

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Surprise????

(taken after 7 hours of training)


I have been debating about writing about my surprise, I don't do well with surprises. Last week Friday August 27th a day before Micah told me he would be home, he surprised me...at work. I wasn't really expecting it, but I knew something was going on at work. Okay I guess I should start at the beginning?? Friday Morning I woke up and was in a hurry to work. I got there and went right into the HUGE PILE of papers for me to file. I felt so accomplished ready to do the millions of books. If you don't know me very well I like to organize. I was the one to alphabetize my cds, parents movies and books and in categories. I know strange kid.. I still do it. Cleaning my room can take me forever just by finding a new thing to organize.(okay this really has nothing to do with my story. oops) Anyways, I couldn't find some of the things I use for the books, being gone for 2 months and passing it on to Marissa. I told the ladies in the office and they started acting strange. Asking all these questions example: "How long are you staying today?" "Do you have enough jobs to keep you busy til then?" and a few more. NEVER, have they asked me these questions. When I asked if they knew where Marissa had kept her stuff, that I needed the stuff for the books, they were all sure to help me find them. One was looking everywhere. They couldn't find what I was looking for so they made sure I was doing something. A few minutes later they told me they found them (later finding out Teri (Micah's mother & the top lady) had told them where they were). I headed off to do books only to get a call later to come back over to the house to do more busy work. When I was over there one of the employers came in using his great acting skills and asked me to go over to the other program and ask a question. I didn't know he told me to go downstairs so I just went right upstairs and asked the people I could find. They looked at me with these 'that was a stupid question' face. I headed back to see the Wiederhold car. I thought for a second maybe.. but I didn't want to get my hopes up. (Wiederhold's went to pick up Micah) I then went into the program ready to give the answer to the employee who asked me. I just got surprise faces. He asked me if I could go back over to ask another. I kept asking if I could just call. Then one of the office ladies (while on the phone with Teri) told me that 'Whitney' at the other program, wanted to know if I wanted to come over to meet the teens downstairs. I bought this all and I was told SPECIFICALLY to go through the downstairs. On my way back over saw the Wiederhold car still sitting there. Curious but knew it couldn't be them. As I was walking I was just hoping a rooster wouldn't attack. I proceeded inside wondering where everyone was. Then out from behind the table Micah popped up. After 2 years he was there and all I said was "Micah?" I was in complete shock. Now I wish I could say I freaked out and cried like everyone asks me. But I was just plain shocked. He then proceeded to, actually I should skip the tempt of kissing me..too late already mentioned. Guess I have to finish it now. His brother-in-law and sister popped up. Micah then proceeded to dip and kiss me, I refused it. Yep that's right. Felt bad. I then saw the video camera. That is right ALL recorded. And pictures too. Yikes. I have loved every minute with Micah since he has been back. And I know I will proceed to love them. :)

9 comments:

A. L. Martin said...

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I love this story every time i hear it! :D I miss you Kat-a-ryn!!!

lulu said...

ahhh that is so cute! how exciting to have your missionary home :)

Lindsey Orton said...

best. story. ever.

sis. whit. said...

KATHERYN!!! Bahahah
Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Kat. I love you. The end.

I'm Megan. He's Martin. We love each other. said...

I have been waiting for this story for WAAAYYYY to long! I just got done reading it and i yipeed really loud and the boys in the library looked at me like i was psycho. Then I had to tell them the story and we are all a happy clan together. I AM SO HAPPY! ah. I love you kat pooh. Always have and always will. Let's play when I get back ok??? =)

LyndiLou said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW... he's HOME!!! ***:D*** That's awesome! :) What a fun story! It's always hard to be put on the spot, so don't worry about how you acted! Everyone loves you ;)

Mr.Mrs.Pack. said...

Yea!!! That is such a cute story!! I'm excited for you that you finally get to be with your missionary again! Love you!! And love seeing you so happy!

Natalie said...

Wowwie-zowwie! So excited for you. That is a big surprise!