We've Been Married For..

Monday, September 20, 2010

SAY WHAT???




Friday September 17th, night time around....sunset time, Micah LeRoy Wiederhold asked me a very serious question. What was this question you are all wondering? "Will you marry me?" And now you are all probably wondering what my response was...? Right? "Yes, of course!" Those were my exact words. Well lets start from the beginning..

I like to think I have a sense for things, I knew something was up with Micah I just didn't know what. He was acting different being sneaky. (we work together and are together for 24 hours) As we were headed off to work Friday he said somethings to his sister on the phone that made me wonder if he might pop the big question, but not really. He kept telling me he wouldn't get a ring and do all that stuff for 2 weeks. So I quickly dropped my thoughts. We had plans that night to go to the Conference Center for a roof tour by his grandpa. This was a rare tour, he told me. I was excited. We dressed up naturally, it was the conference center. When we reached to the mall his grandpa called saying he was running late. Micah just trying to figure out what we could do to kill some time before we go. As we got closer to Thanksgiving point he told me the gardens are beautiful, that he had gone there with his family. I agreed to going there thinking it was a nice day way not stop at the gardens. As we pulled in and Micah driving around to find a parking spot, once we found one there across from us a few spaces over was his brother in law. I looked at Micah to see his reaction. He just looked back at me with this confused face but he was wearing a bit of a smile. I knew right then something was up. He tried to play it off with "what a coincidence Alex is here." I remember my reply. "why would Alex be alone in a car talking on his phone and booking it off when he saw us? Micah something is up." He tried to persuade me not to think that, but I knew. We went into the place to get our tickets that were 20 bucks for 2. What do I do, take my time. got to get the 2o dollars worth out of the ticket, but Micah keeps hurrying me along. I know at this point exactly whats happening. I got cold and was shivering, he would like to think its because I got nervous. Maybe it was I don't really know. We got to the Italian garden where he had rushed, to see roses and Gerber daises (my favorite) on the pathway to the stairs area. As we walked I could hear it. My favorite music from my favorite movie playing...that's right Pride and Prejudice. The music is Beautiful. He got on one knee and that is when I said yes of course. I didn't cry. I am not an emotional person...again, if you don't believe me take a look at our Splash Mountain picture. Me= no emotion on my face. Well there you have it.




December 17th is our wedding date! One I am looking forward to. Things are working out, I am feeling the blessings of my Heavenly Father!!

7 comments:

Lindsey Orton said...

seriously, I know I've already told you. But I think this is so exciting! Congratulations!

Maddy said...

from Maddy Whitney:

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so happy for you!!
come see us soon!

Ashley said...

Congrats Katheryn! Wahoo!!

A. L. Martin said...

Yay! I'm so excited to see you and meet Micah in a couple of weeks!!!

Natalie said...

Wow! Congrats!

Amber said...

So, I stumbled upon your blog, and your proposal story is adorable. Also, it's cool that you're marrying a fellow Timpview Alum. It's a pretty great club to be in. Have fun planning!

Mr.Mrs.Pack. said...

That is an adorable proposal!! I'm so happy for you!! Married life is the best thing ever!! Congrats again!! :)