We've Been Married For..

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Callings...

You are probably grammar checking me, and saying "Katheryn it should be calling, calling is one, callings is more than one." well that is right, I've got 3 callings got them all in one weeks worth. The first week back in the PV 7th ward, I get called the next Wednesday and right there on the spot I got 2 callings. One being a Ward Chorister and the other being Enrichment Committee. Not thinking these callings would take up a lot of time. I was actually thinking they will be easy, well besides having to get up in front of the whole congregation and have them follow me. Today I got a call from the ward choir director asking me if I will be his assistant.

Today was my first day to lead as well as the organist(of course playing the organ). I lost my eye sight a few times and couldn't see the page, notes or people. I thought tears were going to stream out my eyes because they hurt so bad. I now know that I need to get new contacts before next time I lead. ha ha. It wasn't easy to lead a group. Scary to see 9,999 faces staring at you, all giving you the look of.."you going to get us through this girl I don't know with the ketchup stain on your skirt?!"

Well I have learned today my Sundays probably won't be as free as they use to be. My last calling was newsletter and I did that on my own time and by myself. Never had meetings just asked questions to the right people. Now I have meetings with the 2 communities I serve with and have the joy of joining the choir. Which I am actually excited about. I love singing. I've been singing my whole life. Started when I was in a singing group called sugar n' spice, also I had a little boom box I would always carry around with me. My family knew exactly where I was when they could hear me singing to the music playing. And I've been in choirs in school and I might say my teachers thought I had a great alto voice. Although I think sometimes...i am not very good. ha ha :)

Well there is my updates on all the 3 callings I have. Lets hope I can do this, and lead better next time its my turn to lead. I am a bit nervous. Didn't do to well today but I know I will do better. And I can't wait to prove myself that I can. Especially to have the Lord on my side who wants me to be perfect and inspired the leaders to give me these callings. How exciting to know the Savior has confidence in me."Perfect practice makes perfect."-Scott Baird

2 comments:

Rosander said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. You will do great. I remember when no one showed up to lead the music when I was on my mission one sacrament meeting and I thinking I was helping jumped up and tried to lead... can I tell you how many people thought they should instruct me on how to lead after that... why didn't they get up and lead then? Anyway, that is kind of a scary calling, but you will do great, and you have always been a singer and will do great with the choir! You go girl!

LyndiLou said...

I'm POSITIVE that you will be doing all three of those callings in your sleep... sooner than later! ;) You're so fun and spunky and WILLING to do a good job... Heavenly Father will help you do JUST that!

Are you a visiting teacher too?!? Then technically... you have FOUR callings! ;)