We've Been Married For..

Friday, September 9, 2011

LABOR DAY WEEKEND! *Katheryn's Point of View*

WARNING YOU MAY DIE OF LAUGHER
Okay, not to brag but my weekend was awesome.
Micah and I were invited to Steamboat Colorado by his parents and family friends.
We headed up Friday with Marissa (Micah's younger sister) and Kayla (family friends daughter).
We had a fun ride, it was long and I was happy to arrive to our point and see everyone.
But we did have one eventful ride. We started off with a prayer. It was a great prayer too.
We were protected by a log flying at our car. At first we thought it was something lighter. It was flying through the air like it was light, bouncing up and down higher than the truck. We realized as it kept getting closer and closer that it was a log coming right at us. We hurried and speed off to miss it, but the crazy thing is it never made it to our side of the road. It hit the line and went back towards the truck it fell from. We were all feeling blessed by our prayer at this point. Feeling more confident about our road trip. 
Well as we continued on, Micah was caught speeding. The cop was so nice, he told us, "If your parents were here what do you think they would tell you? I'm sure they want you to arrive safely so they'd tell you to slow it down." He let us off with a warning. Micah handled himself well. But being in our new car I was so worried that we hadn't put in the registration. Micah had put me in charge of the job a few days before and I know it didn't make it by me. I was surprised when he pulled it off. I've been blessed with a husband who knows I'm a little airheaded these days, forgetting what I need to do. 
We made it to the cabin and it was just beautiful. We had so much fun. 
On Saturday we went fishing. I've only been fishing once in my life....seriously, and I was like 6.
I went fishing. And I did find it fun, It was quiet at times and while I held my fishing line in the water I got to thinking a lot. Now I'm not saying fishing is my favorite. I didn't have that much fun. Maybe I would of if I caught a fish? But I think I would of screamed if I did....?
Well on our way to fishing we were all speeding. The three cars that we took to get our large group to the lake. Micah was in the middle of Mark Peterson and Paul Wiederhold (father-in-law). We were all speeding that's for sure.
 And there it was the lights...of a cop car. We all pulled to the side of the road, thinking Mark who was the speeder of the group would get the ticket. They pulled up to the side of Paul's car and told him to go on. We were the one's getting the ticket. We were all making jokes in the car when the cop was slowly coming to the car window, and yes he had one of those police mustache's in the movies.
 "WE WERE PULLED OVER YESTERDAY, WHY US?" 
The cop then informed us, "I wanted the guy in front of you but I couldn't get him on my radar gun, but I got you guys. You are all speeding." He then asked for the registration all that fun jazz. But this time I knew that it was in the car and could pass it to him. I was proud of that. He then asked where we were from. "Provo Utah" Micah replied. 
He makes a comment about how he wants to make sure we are not on America's 'Most Wanted'. He takes the license with Micah's face on it and heads back to the car. All 5 of us in the car make up all these funny stories; what is going to happen, who should of gotten the ticket, and how the cop was so nice. 
The cop made it back to our window he says, "I'll let you off with a warning. But I would never give a ticket to someone from Provo."
We said our million thank yous a miracle being pulled over 2 days in a row and NO TICKET, that we were blessed.
Later when we got back from our fishing, of only catching 3 fish. See don't know if that is a good thing or bad. I'm don't know anything about fishing. I had a huge headache that I took a little rest and relaxed while everyone started watching the BYU game. Later we went to eat at a delicious pizza place (pizza is my favorite), and did a little shopping.
Now the next day we attended an LDS church close to the cabin. After the meeting the man sitting behind Micah started talking to him. I found this weird and seeing I wasn't feeling so outgoing I walked out of the meeting area to meet up with the others. Later Micah came up to us in shock. He then proceeded, "that guy that sat behind me, he is the cop that pulled me over yesterday." We all were just laughing. "What a great story it makes.", said several of the people.
After we went on walks in gardens and waterfall areas. It was beautiful and a great way to spend our day. Then it was games the rest of the night. Toy Story 3 UNO was a big hit!
You should play it!
On our way home on Monday Micah was good to go 4 over the speed limit. But I was glad to see my bed that night. I was so tired.
Thank you Mindy and Mark for letting us join in on your adventure at Steamboat this year!

1 comment:

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

Boy, are you lucky!!! In Japan you would have never gotten a warning and your ticket would cost you anywhere from $600 to $1000 dollars and you would have had to take classes. Count your blessings.
P.S. I miss fishing!