We've Been Married For..

Friday, December 16, 2011

December 13th!!

What does the date mean to mean?
My Half-Birthday
I know it's lame to even mention half-birthdays. I have a story behind it that I like.
One day like a century ago I complained to my mother. I complained that my birthday was lame. My birthday is June 13th, I don't get checked out for lunch. All my sisters got checked out for lunch. They called it a special lunch. This made me jealous that I didn't get one. And the year I made it such a big deal that on December 13th my mom and grandma came and checked me out at lunch. I was so happy. I felt awesome to be out at a sweet restaurant eating lunch with my mom and grandma. 
Made me so happy, my mom told me we'll do lunch on your half-birthday. I'll come and check you out and we'll go. This made a 7th grade me so happy, that every year on my half-birthday I'd ask my mom if we were going to go to lunch.
It probably died my last year of high school. But I thought of this on December 13th as I was sitting with the girls at the high school (for my job).
I texted Micah to tell him it was my half birthday and so we celebrated after work, with Taco Bell. YUMMM! Oh and our Iphones came in that day! YAY!
It was good! Minus the girl drama at work. :)
Happy half-birthday to me!

No comments: