We've Been Married For..

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Trip You Never Wish You Have to Make


Thursday February 17th, 2011: We made a trip to the ER.

Micah was cutting an avocado with one of the ceramic knifes we got for our Wedding.
He cut his left thumb pretty bad. I went straight over to help him, and if you know me you know I am not good with blood at ALL. I grabbed the last paper towel off the roll and handed it to him.

Micah kept telling me, "I'm going to faint!" I tried to hurry him to the couch, before we got there he fainted. I didn't think he did. I thought he just fell. He looked at me and asked if he had fainted. I thought at first maybe he was joking but than the look in his eyes I knew.
He than went to the bathroom because he felt he was going to throw up. I called his parents to make sure if I should take him to the ER His dad said I should. Poor Micah laying on the floor telling me all sorts of ways we can fix it. He did not want to go to the ER. He was so pale and I knew I needed to get him there. The blood was pouring out. I grabbed a rag, figured it would be better than the little paper towel covering his thumb. I finally got him out the door. And let me tell you. I was doing everything possible not to freak out. I hate blood, hate ERs, and worse I hate seeing my husband in so much pain.

We went to his parents house where his dad gave us the medical card. His dad ended up coming with us, which I am very grateful for. I think Heavenly Father knew I couldn't do it by myself. He was good to distract Micah as we went into the hospital and when he was waiting for the stitches and when he was getting the stitches. He made it, got four stitches and they wrapped him all up in about 30 min. Probably the quickest ER visit out of 3 I've been to. Micah couldn't look at the stitches until today. Use to make him lightheaded. I know he can't wait for it all to end.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Goodness! It must run in the family. Curtis cut his thumb really bad on our fancy, sharp knives we got as a wedding gift. Now they can swap war stories about how they almost lost a thumb.

Cameron said...

WOW! Sorry to hear about this. Hope you heal quickly Micah.