We've Been Married For..

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Land of the Rising Sun (a.k.a. Japan)

I got to go to the land of which I love,
the land of Japan.
My sister wanted to take her new baby and asked for volunteers to go with her. I had to jump on I really wanted to go. I am always homesick for my parents and really wanted to see them. 
I am so very happy my sister invited me to go. We got to watch some of General Conference twice and got to see friends we had met from our previous trip. We ate dinner with the Yamaguchi's who every family in the world should meet. And meet with the missionaries.
Here are some fun events we had. Warning there are a lot of pictures. 
POTTERY MAKING:
The day after we arrived my parents took us to make pottery. It was hard and kind of stressful, but at the same time I loved the experience. I don't think the guy who helped us left my side. ha ha. My mom watched the baby (nora) as we made our pottery. I'll have to post pictures later of the finished products. But we each made 3 to 4 things. 










 Takayama: 
We went to a festival...kind of. It was all pretty much done when we got there.
We had delicious hamburgers and shakes. YUM! 
You don't find those often in Japan, actually never.
We saw cool things. The second day in Takayama we went to a village and had fun looking at things, and of course buying things!
















 HANG TIME:
We had some fun relaxing time, even if there was a few frustrated words said trying to find puzzle pieces.




 Kanazawa:
We had an opportunity to go to Kanazawa over night to attend Sunday meetings.
Saturday we stopped in at one of my mom's favorite parks. Here are some more fun pictures.






 GLASS BLOWING:
One of our Japanese friends (Megumi who is amazing) told us about glass blowing. We decided to give it a try, and here are some pictures. Just to let you know it is a lot harder then it seems. But I can't wait to get my glass. My mom said it turned out great. I'll post an after along with my bowls/cups when I get them.











I can't wait to go back and take Micah with me! He will love it I know it.

3 comments:

sis. whit. said...

Oh Katheryn! Thank you for sharing!! Fabulous trip!! I am so very happy you got to go!! Yeah!!

love ya!

Radiant Red said...

Looked like you had a blast! So fun! Miss ya girly!

Mr.Mrs.Pack. said...

Oh what fun! Looks like everyone is having such an enjoyable time! Love your cute new little niece!